Propex Malaga 5 Water Storage Gas and 240 V Electric Heater
- Within 5 working days
- 6.00 KGS
- Calculated at Checkout
The Propex Malaga 5 Water Storage Gas and 240 V Electric Heater
Malaga E, with an efficient gas burner, and the Malaga E, which has the additional benefit of a 750 watt electric heating element. Heater can provide a quick and efficient supply of hot water for showering and washing in touring and motor caravans. The heater may also be installed in boats used exclusively on inland waterways i.e. Class 1 & 2 and subject to finding a satisfactory mounting position.
When used with the adapter plate the Malaga makes an excellent replacement for the Carver Cascade originally fitted to many caravans as well its far east copy the Henry Water Heater.
- Large 13 litre capacity – for longer washing and showering facilities
- Efficient gas burner – for faster warm up
- 750W element on Malaga E – use on its own or with the gas burner for even faster hot water
- Small flue terminal – neat appearance outside the caravan
- Safe – combustion products are completely sealed from the caravan interior
- Easy to fit and service – all controls accessible at the rear of the unit
- Electronic control – turns on the heater at the flick of a switch and supervises burner operation
- Automatic resettable overheat cut out
- Compact dimension – more room to route pipework and ducting where necessary
- Henry Water Heater replacement when flue adapter plate used
Micro-processor Controller Electronics
The Malaga 5 water heater is equipped with the latest Propex electronics for accurate digital control of the heater operation and safety functions. The switch panel features 2 on/off switches for independently selecting either “gas only” or “230v only” or both. The Green L.E.D. on the switch panel lets you know when the gas burner is operating and also, by flashing a certain amount of times, the Red LED indicates various fault conditions.
|Overall||H 250mm||W 325mm||D 445mm|
|Tank Capacity||13 litres|
|Water Temperature Thermostat Setting||70 °C|
|Overheat Thermostat Setting||90 °C|
|The heater will operate satisfactorily on either a system where the pump is controlled by the tap microswitches or the one controlled by a pressure switch. It must not be connect to mains water supply. Water connections can be provided to suit a range of standard fittings. Reinforced or semi rigid pipe must be used.|
|Pressure Relief Valve Settings||3 bar|
|Maximum Working Pressure||2 bar|
|Maximum Working Supply Pressure||1.9 bar|
|Electrical Supply||12v DC|
|Gas Connection||8mm O.D.|
|Malaga E Only|
|Mains Electricity Supply||220/240vAC 50Hz Fused 5A|
Safety and Quality
The Malaga and Malaga E heaters have been tested and comply with the following: 90/396/EEC gas appliance directive. 89/336/EEC EMC directive. 73/23EEC low voltage directive. It is manufactured under ISO 9001:2000 plus annex 11.3 gas directives 90/396EEC.
- The heater should be floor mounted or suitably supported, normally in the bed box.
- The flue is designed to pass through a vertical section of the caravan wall, structural sections of which should not be damaged.
- The flue terminal position should not be closer than 300mm below an opening window or 600mm from a vertical corner.
- Clearances required for installation and servicing: as seen from inside the caravan.
|LHS 240mm||RHS 5mm|
|Rear 100mm||Top 5mm|